PUĀWAI 4 CAREGIVERS
Puāwai 4 Caregivers (P4C) is funded by Oranga Tamariki and is currently delivered to Oranga Tamariki caregivers in the Waikato, Bay of Plenty, East Coast and Manawātu-Taranaki regions
Puāwai 4 Caregivers Goals
1. To support caregivers to uplift their mana | agency, mauri | vitality and manawaroa | resilience.
2. To build caregiver knowledge and skills about oranga | wellbeing, healing, trauma and tikanga Māori so they can keep themselves safe and well, in order to look after those in their care even better than they do now.
3. To give caregivers practical tips, tools, and strategies that they can use same day to provide a safe, stable and aroha-filled home.
4. To work with the caregiver and Oranga Tamariki to quickly resolve situations and put into place solutions (as appropriate).
5. To partner with Oranga Tamariki to provide a korowai of support around the caregivers and their whānau - we're part of each other's team.
Puāwai 4 CAREGIVERS ADVANCED SESSIONS
Some of our advanced specialist topics delivered to date include:
Acute crisis management
Understanding developmental disabilities and trauma
Trauma, grief and loss
Trauma and addictive behaviours
Trauma, power and control
We choose topics based on participant requests and/or issues that are prevalent during the programme. This enables us to respond to participants' needs and requests for support.
We value participants as direction setters, rather than passive recipients of training and development.
Overall an excellent and useful programme, delivered by skilled practioners in a supportive environment.
Tane | NZ European | Whānau | Manawatu/Taranaki | Jun 2022